Saturday, July 7, 2012

Connecticut Boundaries

The Connecticut map boundaries are done.  This took a lot longer than I thought it would.  The main cause for the hold up was getting the pencil tool to blend.  It took forever to get the green color to cover up the red.  I got a bit frustrated and used the paint tool for blending also.  It kind of butchered things up, but it still got me to finish faster.  The pencil tool also has a larger nib than the paint tool.  This made it more difficult to blend the very crooked boundary of Connecticut's coast.  In the end, however, I managed to get the butchering smoothed over well enough to look presentable.

Connecticut Map Boundary
The next step in this project is going to be making the map proportionately smaller.  I don't want it cover the whole area like it does now.  I am also going to try and paint the background lighting effects freehand.  It won't be easy.  I figured out how to copy the colors of the photoshop filter to jpeg.  That was the easy part.  Painting them and getting them to blend will be the hard part.  I have never tried this before, so I don't if I can reproduce the photoshop effect.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment