Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crossing The Delaware


The Delaware project is up and running!   The background elements are in place.  I am ready to start drawing the bird.  This is going to be more of a mixed media project.  My last two state bird projects were strictly drawings.  Everything was done with the mouse.  This time, I am using other elements.  I created the background with some paper cutouts and something I have never used before-a piece of stained glass.  The glass combined with some photoshop hue adjustments have created a pretty cool background with a multi-hued appearance which also provides additional dimension.  I will show a portion of it here:


It is a goal of mine to start using more mixed media in my projects.  I don't have money for art supplies, but I have a $100 copier/printer/scanner and there are all kinds of things lying around that I can scan.  By studying artists like Angela Cartwright and Kelly Kilmer I am learning how to use my imagination and figure out ways to make lemonade out of my lemons.  I found out many times already that you can come up with good stuff just by accident.  One of my projects was created with a water color crayon, a marker, a paper towel, and a spray bottle.  My art supplies at the moment are stashed in two plastic cups.  They look like stuff that would be used in kindergarten.  I guess the only major difference from now to then is that I no longer eat the paste.


No comments:

Post a Comment