Monday, July 2, 2012

The Connecticut Plan-Step One


I took some time last night to organize this blog.  By semi-randomly typing and clicking, I managed to get it done.  The artwork that I have done so far is now categorized on the home page somewhat like a real website. It will make it easier to view the art rather than having to scroll back through every individual post.

source:  www.ct.gov

source:  www.statebirds.blogspot. com

rough outline of map

I am going to start doing something differently.  Starting with this post I am going to begin posting some of my projects on a step-by-step basis.  This way viewers can see what I am doing and how I am doing it. The purpose of this particular post is to describe the process that I am going to use for the Connecticut artist trading card.  The plan so far consists of downloading images from the internet and using them as sources to draw a map of Connecticut and to draw the Great American Songbird (an American Robin). After these are drawn, I will then use photoshop to enhance the graphics and colors.  From there, I will make adjustments and modifications. This process, of course, is always subject to change. The first steps in the process are completed.  The photos are downloaded and I have completed a rough outline of the map boundaries which are displayed in this  post.  The unfolding process will then be featured in future posts. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment