Friday, May 11, 2012

Alaska-Willow Ptarmigan ATC


I already have the Alaska card finished. I am little disappointed. The image looks ok, but, I didn't get to do it the way I had hoped to. Everything I used was a downloaded image. They looked horrible when I printed them out. I had to use all the photoshop and jpeg tools possible to get the end result to look decent. I originally planned to draw the bird, but decided against it for a couple of reasons. First of all, it's a white bird and I can't draw anything without doing a lot of erasing and I also didn't want to risk making mistakes when doing black pen work. When the subject matter is mostly white, those types of mistakes are usually unfixable. I also need more experience with small scale drawing anyway. I had also hoped to glue the stars of the Alaska flag onto the Aurora Borealis background to represent the actual pattern. It wouldn't blend though. I drew and painted the stars with jpeg tools. I guess I can call them artistically distorted. My eventual goal with the remaining cards is do more of the artwork outside of the computer and not rely on photoshop and jpeg as much. My bush league printer is almost out of ink. It's going to be awhile before I can buy another cartridge. Therefore, Arkansas is going to have to wait. In the meantime I will be focusing on my journal.

1 comment:

  1. Jon, I think this is lovely! No matter how you did it, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete