Ok, here it is: The Connecticut background has been reworked. It is a closer match to the photoshop original. I knew this would be hard to do, and I was right. The transition areas between colors and shades of colors were the hardest to do. They required precision, minute adjustments to color values. I also figured out how to create a lighting effect on the upper right corner of the boundary. I painted over the boundary with the white marker tool. I then use the jpeg eyedropper thingy to recreate the pinkish color that was left. From there, I used the pencil tool to blend it all in.
The good news is that I am finally ready to move on to the next stage of the project. The bad news is that this stage will actually be the hardest part of the project; that is drawing the bird! I downloaded another photo as a reference for drawing. I decided the first photo didn't show enough of the bird. For a very common bird, there wasn't a lot of good pictures to choose from unfortunately.