Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Not a Rocky Mountain High

Colorado's state bird, the Lark Bunting is found mostly in the western Great Plains region.  A large portion of eastern Colorado lies in the Great Plains. The elevations are high, but the landscape is mostly flat and semi-arid.  I plan to take a big risk with this card for a couple of reasons.  First of all. the background will have an arid look to it rather than the traditional Rocky Mountain landscapes most often featured in images of Colorado.  The really big risk, however, is that I am going to draw almost all of this card freehand with the mouse.  I did use a photo to make a rough outline sketch of the bird, but from there it is going to be freehand.  It won't be my best looking card, but I feel it will be my most artistically honest card to date. That's the plan.  What actually happens could be a different story.  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment