Saturday, May 19, 2012

An Arkansas Journey

I am making progress on the Arkansas card. I tried a watercolor background and failed miserably. I am going to try making another one with one of my markers. I made a map template of Arkansas to glue onto the background. This will eliminate the problem of  marker bleed. The problem with cheap markers is that they bleed like severed cartoids. I also made a template of the bird to draw an outside boundary around it. Then, I will draw the features with pen and pencil. That's the plan at least. I don't draw well. Therefore, I use templates as often as I can. It may be cheating, but I don't care.

I also am beginning to get some elements for my journal put together. I created a focal point for the first page. by creating a facial profile silhouette with a piece of  tissue. I am glad I discovered a simple and extremely cost-effective way to make silhouette transparencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment